Search
  • A. Creative House

PPC and SEO: What They Are and Why These Two Strategies Work So Well Together

Updated: Sep 4

COVID-19 has certainly turned the world upside over the past few months, and many businesses have cut spending on their marketing efforts, if not completely sidelined them.


A cost-effective (because it's free) tool is a great SEO strategy. With one, you can still increase your web traffic and generate leads without spending a dime, and once you're ready to start spending marketing dollars again, start to incorporate paid efforts. If you're new to digital marketing and advertising, consider starting with SEO and PPC ADs.


What is SEO?

SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization and it is the process of utilizing strategic techniques to organically rank your website higher on SERPs (Search Engine Results Pages). While this strategy is cost-free, there are millions of searches a day on Google, Bing, and other search engines so creating a successful strategy that will rank your site higher can take a lot of time and dedication.


To gain a higher ranking in SERPs, you need to start optimizing your website by conducting keyword research to find and utilize top searched keywords/phrases when people are searching for your business. You can also earn back links from other sites to show search engines that your website is trustworthy, which all goes to helping your SEO. It's important to know that SEO is not a "one and done" type of process. You need to be willing and dedicated to monitor your website's bi-weekly and monthly visitors while constantly updating and adjusting pages on your website to ensure you are contending with your competitors.


What are PPC ADs?

PPC ADs (or Pay Per Click ADs) are paid text advertisements that appear at the top and bottom potions of SERPs after someone searches for certain keywords. However, depending on your ad spend and your quality score, you are not guaranteed the top, or even the bottom spot on the first page of a SERP - your advertisement could land on the second or even third page.


Depending on your product or service, there may be dozens of other businesses competing with you to earn that top spot in a SERP. This is why you must be willing to constantly monitor PPC ads to ensure that your ad is performing well and that your ROI is high (i.e. high web traffic, leads generated, etc).


Why should you be using these strategies in conjunction with another?

As previously mentioned, SEO is a cost-free strategy to earn rankings on SERPs, but it takes time, effort, and continuous monitoring to grab a great spot on page one. This is where you would combine the two tactics; especially if you are in the business of improving budget efficiency. Here's how it works -


Say you're a business that sells sneakers and you have a great blog post on your website about the "Best Running Sneakers for 2020." You've put in time to optimize your blog post to reach a higher ranking on SERPs, and your work is paying off. You're receiving about 200 visitors a month, but only about 2% of those visitors are converting to customers. How do we real back in the remaining 98% of visitors that didn't convert to try to get their business?


This is where you would re-market those 98% of visitors that did not convert to a customer through using a PPC advertisement. The PPC advertisement gives you a second chance at winning their business and converting them into a customer.


For example, WordStream, an online advertising company, claimed that in just under 18 months, re-marketing visitors on search engines allowed them to increase their repeat visitors by 50%, boost their conversion rate by 51%, and increase time on their website by 300%. Re-marketing with PPC ADs can be incredibly valuable to your business and should be a tactic every business should implement in their 2020 marketing strategy.


If you're a new to digital marketing, implementing SEO strategies and using PPC ADs are a great place to start utilizing your time and marketing dollars.


Contact us if you're in need of marketers that can do put a strategy into motion for you.


7 views

All rights reserved.